We hope that you’ll be delighted with your Fairphone product(s), however just in case you have any issue, below is the list of our returns policy.
Please bear in mind that this Returns Policy forms part of our terms and conditions. Make sure to properly review it to fully understand the conditions in this document.
*For the purpose of this document, product(s) shall mean Fairphone smartphones, replaceable modules, spare parts, accessories, batteries and merchandises.
For Fairphone products you purchased on the Fairphone Webshop, you have a legal right to change your mind within 14 days and receive a refund amounting to the value of the products and the costs of delivery to you. You are entitled to cancel your purchase within fourteen (14) days from the day the products were delivered to you, without explanation and without incurring any penalties. If your products are split into several deliveries over different days, you have until 14 days after the day you receive the last delivery to change your mind about the products. However, you are not entitled to cancel your purchase of accessories for products that are personalized or custom made. If you are exercising your right to change your mind then your refund will be made within 14 days from the day on which we receive the products back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with acceptable evidence that you have sent the products back to us. Fairphone will not reimburse your shipping costs for returning the products to us which is why these will not be reflected on the invoice you will receive. Please note that because the cool-off will require an RMA, Fairphone will initially pay for the return shipping costs, and set-off these costs against the shipping costs of the original order.
In the case of a Cool-off, Fairphone may reduce the refund of the price (excluding delivery costs) to reflect any reduction in the value of the products, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not normally be permitted in a shop. If we refund you the price paid, before we are able to inspect the products and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you must pay us an appropriate amount. Please read the Fairphone terms and conditions, especially sections 9 and 11, for further information.
Fairphone may offer free promotional items with our products. To receive a full refund on a purchase that offers promotional items all items must be returned.
Products are considered Dead on Arrival, if they are delivered faulty, or break down within 30 days of the delivery date and the defect cannot be solved with the general troubleshooting. Upon receipt of the products, Fairphone may, depending on the assessment by our repair center, provide a replacement of the return products. If a device returned for in-warranty service is found to be damaged by the user, the device will be handled as an out-of-warranty service (see point 4).
As a consumer, you will always have the legal rights in relation to products that are defective or not in conformity to the terms of sales. Please carefully read our Legal Rights summary page to find out more about these rights. Products that malfunction or become defective within the warranty period of 2 years and to which none of the warranty exclusions apply, as described in our Warranty Statement, shall be eligible for in-warranty service.
If malfunction or defects occur in-warranty, Fairphone will repair or replace, at its sole option and free of charge, any parts of the products that are defective or malfunctioning during normal usage. If the products cannot be repaired or replaced, Fairphone shall refund the products fully or partially based reasonable usage .
Products are considered out-of-warranty if the malfunction or defects occur after the warranty period has expired or where a warranty exclusion applies. In this case, Fairphone will inform you of the availability, price, and other conditions applicable to out-of-warranty service of the products. If you do not wish to have products repaired, Fairphone will return the products to you and charge you shipping, handling and diagnostics costs. In this case, we will also offer to recycle your phone. If you do not respond to our quote offer, we will send you three reminders, and after three (3) months, we will erase the data, recycle the device and it will no longer be available to you.
Please note we only refund the return costs for refunds and replacement returns in the case of dead-on-arrivals and in-warranty repairs.
These are Fairphone’s return shipping guidelines applicable to products purchased by you from our webshop. If you purchased your products from another trader, then please contact the trader, who sold the product to you first before contacting us. All returns must meet the overall guidelines for the individual return policy to apply.
- Fairphone currently sells and delivers products only to customers located in continental European territories of: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Holy See (Vatican City State), Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom. If you are located outside these countries and would like to return products, please contact our customer support to get instructions from us on returning the products. If you are located outside the territories mentioned above and we need to return products back to you e.g. in the case of in-warranty service, you need to provide us with an address in one of the above territories, where we can ship the products back to you. From this address, you are responsible to arrange shipment to your current location yourself and Fairphone will not refund these costs.
- All product returns require an RMA number. You may obtain an RMA number by requesting a product return on our platform. If you require assistance you can contact us by calling +31 20 788 4400 or by creating a customer support ticket.
- Before returning your products, you are advised to make a separate back-up of any material stored on the product, to delete any personal data, to disable any security passwords, and remove any removable memory storage. Fairphone will remove any remaining material from the products upon receipt. Fairphone will not be liable for any missing data and other information caused by operational failure or defect.
- Depending on the reason for the return, Fairphone may charge return shipping costs. For example, when you return a cool-off, Fairphone will not cover return shipping from you to us or if the product sent in for repair works properly upon inspection, we also will not cover return shipping costs.
- For In-Warranty services, any charges associated with returning the products to you, in excess of the shipment fees, will be refunded by Fairphone once we receive a copy of your proof of payment. Therefore, these charges will have to be paid by you first, before we refund these charges to you.
- Please keep the original package for at least 30 days in case you require a DOA return or replacement product.
- Products that meet any of the following conditions will not be accepted for return: The return Products are not sufficiently packaged. Products will be considered sufficiently packaged, if packaged either in the original packaging or packaging providing an equal degree of protection in order to ensure that the products are protected during shipment. Any products with missing, damaged, altered or otherwise unreadable IMEI or serial number label, or part number label.
- Contact Fairphone Customer support before initiating a return. If you purchased your products from another trader, then please contact the trader who sold you the products first.
- Create back-up of any material stored on the product, delete any personal data, disable any security passwords, and remove any removable memory storage.
- Follow the instructions sent by email to pack the return product and drop it off at the nearest post office to deliver it to us. The package of all product returns must include the proof of purchase. Please note you need to deliver the return product as soon as possible, or your return request number will be invalid.
- Fairphone will process your return request after it has received the product.