If you have any questions about your data and its protection, you can contact us at email@example.com.
With Personal Data (‘Your Data’) we mean any information through which we can identify you.
In general we collect Your Data to do what you ask us to do: send you your Fairphone, provide support, send you our newsletter or to see how you use our services, such as our website, so we can improve them.
We never sell Your Data, give it to someone else or use it for advertisement purposes without your approval.
Depending on who you are and how you interact with us, we may process different categories of Personal Data about you. You can find the information we collect by clicking on the relevant link below:
Index of activities
- Visit our website
- Create a user account on our website
- Buy a Fairphone 2 or another product from our website
- Become a business partner of Fairphone
- Participate in the recycling program
- Submit feedback, inquiry, repair requests and/or a complaint
- Submit a research request
- Organise an event with or for Fairphone
- Participate in an event of Fairphone
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Subscribe to get product updates and availability updates.
- Join and post on the Fairphone forum and comment under blogs
- Take part in a survey
- Apply for a job at Fairphone
Data of children
We do not intentionally collect information from children under the age of 16.
- If you are under the age of 16, we advise you to speak with your parent or guardian and get their consent before sharing Your Data with us;
- If you are the parent or guardian of a child under the age of 16, we recommend you make sure that your child does not share Personal Data through the use of our products, services, website and other digital channels without asking your permission.
Sharing Your Data
We will never sell Your Data or information about you to any third parties.
We do not share Your Data except in the limited cases described in this section and only for the following purposes.
- Service providers: We have outsourced certain business functions and their associated data processing activities to third party service providers. These service providers are authorized to use Your Data only as necessary to fulfil these services to us, which include, but is not limited to IT services, advertising services, billing services and shipping services. None of these providers will contact you by electronic means to provide you with any newsletter, marketing e-mail or information, unless you have provided your consent to them;
- Business Partners: we may share Your Data with business partners, so that they can provide you with the services you requested. None of these partners will contact you by electronic means to provide you with any newsletter, marketing e-mail or information, unless you have provided your consent to them;
- Professional advisors and others: we may share Your Data with banks, insurance companies, lawyers, auditors, and other professional advisors. These parties only receive Your Data when this is needed to fulfil a contractual obligation.
- Public and governmental authorities: when required by law, or as necessary to protect our and/or your rights, we may share Your Data with entities that regulate or have jurisdiction over Fairphone;
- Affiliates: should Fairphone establish affiliates, we may share Your Data with those affiliates on a need-to-know basis;
- Social Media Plug-ins: our website does not use social media plug-ins. The social media symbols on our website are normally linked and do not transmit data to social media platforms.
Location of Your Data
We attempt to collect, store and, if applicable, process Your Data within the European Union, European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland.
We may transfer Your Data to countries located outside the European Union, European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Switzerland. Some of these countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection. With regards to transfers to countries which are not recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection, we will ensure adequate data protection and privacy requirements through the standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission. You can request a copy of these clauses through firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not store Your Data for a longer period than permitted by law and only as necessary for the purpose for which we have collected or processed Your Data. Therefore, how long we retain Your Data depends on the type of data and the purpose for which we collected or processed Your Data. Please keep in mind that in certain cases a longer retention period may be required or permitted by law.
The criteria we take into account when determining our retention periods include:
- How long Your Data is needed to provide you with our product or to operate our business;
- Do you have an account with us? If yes, then we will keep Your Data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide our services;
Should we be subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain Your Data. For details on the retention periods for various types of data, please see the different categories below.
We process Your Data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. To protect Your Data, we will take appropriate measures, including requiring our service providers to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of Your Data. Your Data is stored on our secure servers or the servers of our trusted partners.
Although we want you to feel confident in using our website and we are committed to protecting the Your Data we collect or process, no website can guarantee complete security. We have implemented appropriate technical and security procedures to help protect Your Data against any unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure or access. However, please be aware that the transmission of information and data over the Internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the Internet.
When providing us with Your Data, it is your responsibility to ensure that Your Data is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You should also take all reasonable measures to keep Your Data secure at all times. For instance, you are responsible for keeping your password and other log-in details confidential. We will not ask you for your password, except when you log into our website.
We will provide you with access to Your Data, so you may control and update, modify and, where legally possible, delete it.
You can contact us at email@example.com if you want to:
- Review, change or delete Your Data;
- Object to certain processing of Your Data;
- Receive a copy of Your Data in a machine-readable format;
- Ask us any other questions regarding Your Data and its protection.
Data collecting activities
Address: Jollemanhof 17
1019 GW Amsterdam
e-mail: Privacy@fairphone.com CoC registration #55901964