Junior IT Project Manager
We are looking for a hands-on Project Manager to become part of our growing team of passionate people who work to achieve our mission. If you are as excited as we are about creating positive change, then have a look at our vacancy below.
- Amsterdam-based position
- Start: As soon as possible
- Hours: Full-time
- Deadline to apply: We review applications on a rolling basis. Please apply as soon as possible.
Fairphone’s Operations Teams and systems have to deal with a quickly increasing number of customers and tickets. We also have ambitious goals on three area’s: support the increase in sales, improve our own processes (operational excellence) and extend our distribution channels. To reach our goals we want to strengthen our Operations and IT team with a colleague who helps us drive continuous and immediate improvement in the way we support and service our customers by improving our processes, fixing issues in our support/sales platforms and enabling our colleagues to work more efficiently.
About your Role
As our new Junior IT Project Manager you will be part of the IT team and you will be a key contributor to the level of service offered by our Customer Support (CS), Sales and Reverse Logistics teams. You will demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills by recommending solutions and improvements that can be accomplished through technology. That includes fixing existing issues as well as putting in place new solutions to make your colleagues’ lives in CS more easy and help them deliver excellent support.
- You feel a strong connection with Fairphone’s vision and values.
- You thrive on having to dive into systems, get to know them and solve issues you encounter with your new knowledge.
- You love to find solutions to problems, but do not mind getting your hands dirty by being involved and working in some of the systems. To fix systems, you are willing to become a lead user of them first.
- You love helping, teaching and coaching other people to work more efficiently.
- Focus: you get things done and know how to prioritize even under pressure.
- You are flexible, work in a transparent way and have a positive attitude.
- You embrace diversity in thoughts, opinions, and backgrounds and feel good working with many nationalities in a multicultural environment.
- You have the ability to integrate yourself in the work environment of a startup company that is fast paced and determined by change.
- You (are willing to) live in the Netherlands.
- You work directly with Sales, Customer Support and Logistics to identify system needs, gather requirements, assist with prioritization and delivery.
- In your role you translate issues into stories and prioritize them into a product backlog for you and the platform/software provider to work on.
- For your projects you are responsible for engaging with stakeholders, setting up the right meetings and accountable for making deadlines and keeping costs under control.
- You have no people reporting to you – but can manage, energize and inspire people to get the project done.
- Within Fairphone you manage the entire lifecycle from an idea, concept, to execution and final delivery to the customer.
- You are able to configure and maintain systems, handover knowledge to your fellow colleagues in operations and help further improve processes and systems you implemented.
- You understand when configuration, programming, API’s or 3rd party solutions are necessary.
- You validate and test new and existing functionalities before a release to users.
- Your home is the IT team, but most of your day to day interactions and work will be with the other teams mentioned above or external development partners.
Your Skills & Experiences
- You have 1 to 2 years of work experience in business process analysis & improvement, IT project management and/or programming.
- You have an extreme affinity with systems. You can learn how to use and apply them in the best way within weeks.
- You have experience in enhancing, automating and improving processes by interfacing with partners and coming up with clever IT solutions. IT is your passion – you studied (Business) Informatics, (Computer) Engineering or have equivalent experience.
- You have turned chaos into order before. You enjoy structuring and setting up processes supported by IT solutions and take time to properly document and hand them over to users.
- You are able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with technical and non-technical people (English required).
- You are able to work independently, to keep track of a number of continuing problems, requests, and projects.
- Optional: You have hands-on experience with a help desk, CRM, webshop and/or a reverse logistics platform (we use Zendesk, Podio and 12Return). Experience with Magento is a BIG plus!
- Optional: Previous experience working in an agile environment and/or in an customer support organisation are another BIG plus.
What can Fairphone offer you?
- Fairphone gives you the opportunity to create impact across continents
- Join a work environment full of international, passionate, warm hearted team members
- Daily, healthy lunch, organic fairchain coffee, lemonade and many more tasty things for a low, monthly contribution
- Public transport allowance – we support you if you come by public transport
- Bike allowance – we support you for a bike purchase with up to 300 Euros
- In-house bike repairs
- Weekly Yoga sessions at the office
- Weekly Bootcamp sessions with personal trainer
- You can cook at the office on Fairphone’s costs
- Compensation in accordance with local market standards
Please note that an EU work permit is required.