Internship Opening – Community Manager
Are you the one that loves to work on community engagement within our start-up?
We are in a very exciting period. After a period of research and raising awareness on the conditions in which mobile phones are produced, we are starting a social company to bring the first FairPhone to the market. Currently we are looking for an intern who can help us with our online presence and community engagement.
You are an excellent writer and communicator, you have sharp instincts about social channels and online community management and you enjoy a rapidly changing, entrepreneurial environment… this is your chance to join a game changing company.
What do we ask from you?
- You are as passionate about how stuff is made, open source products and responsible production as we are. To be experienced is good, but passion is better.
- You have an interest in the media and are obsessed with reading the news.
- You are really good at English. We are not English natives, but we aim to be international.
- You love blogging, writing and social media.
- You are witty and surprise us with your ideas.
- You are following (or have followed) studies related to communication, advertising or journalism.
- You understand the position of a social enterprise on the intersection between a foundation and a business, because that’s what we are.
- That DTP is not a weird word for you. We would like to you to think in effective communication and that sometimes requires visualizations. We hope you have some graphic design skills.
What do you get?
- Interning at a startup offers high returns because of the “all hands on deck” nature of the startup’s existence. You’ll be part of the team.
- A very dynamic environment: Waag Society is a foundation bridging Art, Technology and Society, and you will be working at their office, but under the organization of FairPhone.
- Room to learn. But we are also eager to learn from you.
- Room to grow. Who knows. We are building a new company.
- A clear brief to work with. We have clear ideals, and we use them. Though bare with us.. we are still a startup and strategies might change every day.
- A fee of 300 euro per month.
- Unlimited Coffee, tea and fruit.
- Very cheap delicious and organic lunch with very nice people.
What will you do?
- Take care of our social media, engage with our community and give detailed feedback to them.
- Take care of our blog. Engaging with our blog champions, reviewing their texts and plan the releases.
- Keep an eye of events that are interesting for our organization.
- Have time to learn about the issues in the production, use and recycle of mobile phones.
- In a startup everybody needs to do everything, including you.
Pakhuis de Zwijger
Piet Heinkade 181 a
1019 HC Amsterdam
ASAP – June (at least three months)
Are you interested?
1 – Learn about us at http://www.fairphone.com. If you fall in love, continue.
2 – Write us a very brief personal note explaining why you think you’re the perfect fit for this position and what you would like to walk away with from this internship.
Bas van Abel