Our online shop is open for pre-orders!
We’re ready to start taking your orders! As of today, we’re selling our second batch Fairphones in our shiny new online shop. Order your Fairphone now and join a movement to change how products are made.
We’re producing 35,000 second batch Fairphones
Last year, our 25,000 first edition Fairphones sold out much more quickly than expected. Since then, we’ve asked about your interest in buying a Fairphone if we decided to produce more. Well, we heard you loud and clear! This time we’ve decided to produce 35,000 Fairphones. The second batch Fairphone is just like the first, and so is the ordering and delivery process. We’ve come up with the most asked questions on our FAQ here. We also want to walk you through the ordering process below:
If you’re ready to order your Fairphone, here’s how it works:
- Go to the online shop and add the phone to your cart.
- Since it’s a new webshop, you’ll need to create a new account – even if you’ve submitted your e-mail details through our waiting list or newsletter system.
- When you’re ready to check out, fill in all your shipping and billing information. We accept a variety of credit cards, iDeal, Sofort, PayPal and bank transfers. If you’re using your company’s VAT number, please use the correct VAT format.
- When you’re finished, you’ll receive two e-mails: One to confirm your order, and the other to confirm your payment. Please note: Your order is only complete after your payment has been successfully processed. If you don’t receive an e-mail, please double-check it hasn’t gone to your spam folder (check for: Buckaroo Online Payment Services).
- When you order now, you help fund the production of the phone itself. The first phones will be finished in June and shipped to buyers from July and rolling out the next few months.
- As soon as your phone is ready to be delivered, we’ll send you an e-mail with the estimated arrival date.
Frequently asked questions about orders and delivery
The ordering process should be pretty straightforward, but if you encounter any problems along the way, you’ll find the answers to the most frequently asked questions on payment, accessories, delivery dates etc. in the orders section of our FAQ page. You can also enter any of your questions in the search bar.
Buy a phone, join a movement
Together, we can change the way products are made. The Fairphone is the physical result of our efforts to open up the supply chain and create positive social impact one step at a time. When you buy a second batch Fairphone, your purchase allows us to produce your phone, but will also fund new and ongoing initiatives that will influence the industry as a whole and contribute to the new version of the Fairphone that we’ll launch in 2015.
If you’re not yet ready to buy a phone, keep following our progress and project here on the blog, or see what we’re up to on Twitter and Facebook. You can also spread the word and see what the Fairphone community is saying at #wearefairphone. Thanks for being part of our journey towards a fairer economy!